Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thank Heaven For Little Girls

Laney Nance Adams
9.13.08
11:10 a.m.
6 lbs. 12 oz., 20 in.

She's finally here! Laney Nance made her debut last Saturday and is doing well. Labor and delivery went really well for both mom and baby. We are so thankful for all of the thoughts and prayers on behalf of our little family. It is definitely busy around our house, but I wanted to take a few minutes to post some pictures of this sweet little girl. It is amazing how much joy and love she has brought into our little family already.
Chet has fearlessly tackled changing diapers and burpings with an enthusiasm that most men cannot claim. He has a special touch for calming Laney down in the middle of the night and it is so sweet to see him as a daddy.
Chet gave me this necklace on Laney's birthday. It has sapphires for her September birthstone. Someday I'll give it to her and explain what a sentimental and romantic daddy she has.
It is amazing how tiny this little sweet pea is. We've been joking about her "tiny hiny", especially when you compare her to her cousins Kate and Jessica. This is her pouty face. She is so entertaining and already has a hilarious personality. I melt every time I look at her.
Yet another funny picture of Laney showing us her likeness to a human pretzel. She curls into so many positions that I would never consider comfy. If she keeps this up, she's going to be a world-famous Yogi. Downward facing dog is for amateurs!
Coming home from the hospital, Laney shows us her pensive face.
She is so stinkin' cute! She has us hook line and sinker!









12 comments:

Morgan said...

I was just thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering when you were having the baby.

She is so sweet! I can't wait to meet her and hold her! Congratulations you guys!

Love ya-
Morgan

Audie and Candice said...

YEA!! I'm so excited for you guys! She is so cute. Congrats! Oh..Chet good job with the necklace...can you explain that to Audie!! He needs a little lesson...j/k! You've got a beautiful girl!

Cluff Family said...

She is so beautiful!!! Seriously, gorgeous! I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to meet and hold her in December! I am so glad that everything went well. I love you so much! Enjoy this time...it goes so quickly!

Taralee said...

Hi SHELLY and CHET!

So your baby girl is so precious. She is seriously darling! Congrats. You two will make awesome parents.
I love your blog header!
Oh and I'll add you guys to my blog. Brenda told me that you had one and I kept forgetting to look for it. I finally saw it on my mom's blog.
Anyway- CONGRATS on the new little one. She's perfect.

Chet and Kristin said...

She is super cute... you guys did a great job! I can't wait to hold her "tiny hinny" again!!! :)

kara said...

Hey Chet and Shelly and Laney,
It's Mom and Kara we just checked out your sweet pictures of Laney. She is a precious Dolly Wow what a beauty (I don't see any of Chet in her) ha ha just kiddin. Keep up the good work. We will see you soon. We love ya.

kara said...

So you think Kate has some junky in the trunky do ya? Well just wait that tiny hinny will be plump and shiny soon. Ha Ha! We can't wait to see Laney again soon she is adorable.
love Britty

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

Wow, she is BEAUTIFUL! It's amazing how something so tiny can be so amazing:O) We are so happy for you guys and are thinking "arranged marriage" already! Keep those adorable pictures coming!

Kymi said...

Hey guys, this is Kym Smith. I was good friends with Chets family growing up. I just wanted to comment on that beautiful little girl of yours...WOW, she is cute!! You guys are going to love everything about being parents. It is the best thing in the world. Congrats!!!!

Rustino Scar said...

ummm, did you delete my comment? RUDE! Laney is a cutie, surpringly. jk. How is life and stuff?

Barbara said...

Hey you guys! I don't know if you remember us, Jeremy and Barbara Nielsen from Flagstaff :) Congrats on your little angel! She is just absolutely beautiful! Girls are so much fun! What a beautiful family you have!

Bushman's said...

She is so cute. Your family looks so happy and content.


Love Jami(Adams)
rbushman.blogspot.com