Monday, November 3, 2008

Hot Diggity Dog...

Holidays are so much more fun with kids...and ours is not even two months yet. So I felt a little enthusiastic about Halloween this year because:

a) I had a little Laney to dress up.
b) We had no huge responsibilities (i.e. NAU's Halloween Extravaganza)

So yes, it is a little corny, but we did a family-themed costume. Chet and I went as Hot Diggity Dog Hotdog vendors and Laney was a hot doggie with all the fixins.Don't be alarmed, no Laney Dogs were harmed in the making of this photo. After hanging out at the ward Trunk or Treat, we met up with the Hogles, the Welchs and the Gibsons to check out everyone's costumes and drink a little home-brewed root beer.Even Austin and Stacie dressed up...well, as Abigail put it, "He's dressed up as handsome and she's pretty".

A HARVEST WEEK IN SHOW LOW
We found more fall fun in Show Low digging potatoes......celebrating Chet's birthday...
...and dressing Laney up (Don't be jealous, but the skeleton onesie above glows in the dark).So lately, I've been experiencing a little bit of Decoupage disco fever. Thanks to Brittaney's inspiration, I finally finished my Halloween and was so impressed by it, that I made my friend a housewarming gift. Between making bows for Laney and decoupage, I've been craftin' it up like crazy.

11 comments:

kara said...

Ty says happy birthday Chet again! I love the laney dog and her vendors what a great idea. She is so photogenic your little family is cute. loved the post.

Katie and Travis Melser said...

thanks for dropping a line; I too procrastinated on the blogging scene, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Plus, I don't really like talking on the phone so just commenting on someone's blog is way easier. Cute baby, holidays are so fun with your own kids around!

katie said...

laney is so cute! i hope we get to meet her before she's 5 or something. oh, and if you got bored and wanted to make me one of those really really cute halloween decorations, i would totally take it ;)

Crystal said...

You are just so dang crafty, lady! The hot dog outfit is my fav baby costume!

Cluff Family said...

You are such a good/super hot mama!! I love the costumes and all the pictures of Laney!!! I can't wait to meet her in a month! Love ya!

Train Wreck said...

Hey Chick! I finally made it over to comment! Your little Laney is beautiful!! Love the whole family dressing up! Chet is such a sport! THe picture of all of you with Grandpa & Grandma...priceless! I miss you, come back... Give Laney a kiss and a squezze for me. Love you girlie, I mean gorgeous mamma!

Kim

Lisa said...

shelley, I found your blog it way to cute. I love the picture of my Uncle chet and Aunt Clea I love those two. I am so excited to get to know you and Chet better we love having you in our ward. Lisa

the cates said...

Hey! What a cutie! (the baby). Anyway, found your blog, so glad I did! I saw your mom at a reception and she said you were in town and I really tried to get over to see you but Caleb was working and I didn't get over! Let me know when you are in town next I really want to meet your cute little girl! She looks adorable!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

I heard a rumor that you had a blog and googled your name until I found it. It has been way too long! Your family is beautiful. Congrats on your sweet baby girl. She is adorable. She's a very lucky girl to have such a great mom. I'll be in Snowflake from now until the beginning of January. If you happen to be in town give me a call...I'm at my mom's house.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

HEY! I too heard about your blog and immediately set to finding it! Man, i have missed you! I think about you when I go back home and am excited to hear all about what you've been up to. (well, i can see what you've been up to Laney is GORGEOUS!!)

Family-Themed Halloweens are completely the way to go! But, you can't get much cuter than a baby girl hot dog...haha Can't wait to catch up!

Beth Ann
www.easysite.com/sandsfam

Joshua Wallis said...

Chet & Shelly - Long time no see! How are you guys doing? It's been ages. What a beautiful child, congratulations! Chet, e-mail me up sometime it would be great to catch up. wallis(dot)joshua(at)gmail(dot)com